Problems with Upgrade to Exchange 2010 SP1
Closed     Case # 10047     Affiliated Job:  BaBaDou DOT Com
Opened:  Friday, October 22, 2010     Closed:  Friday, October 22, 2010
Total Hit Count:  20291     Last Hit:  Sunday, November 19, 2017 10:38:35 PM
Unique Hit Count:  5165     Last Unique Hit:  Sunday, November 19, 2017 10:38:35 PM
Case Type(s):  Server
Case Notes(s):  All cases are posted for review purposes only. Any implementations should be performed at your own risk.

Problem:
After my upgrade to Exchange 2010 SP1, I started noticing little issues, like Apple Mail 4.3 would not connect using my prior working configuration. iCal would also not connect saying I had an incorrect email address. While in OWA, I could not delete messages receiving an error when I tried. In the error log I had numerous errors consisting of:
-   System.ServiceModel 3.0.0.0
-   Event ID: 3
-   The service '/EWS/Exchange.asmx' cannot be activated due to an exception during compilation. The exception message is: This collection already contains an address with scheme http. There can be at most one address per scheme in this collection.
-   The service '/Autodiscover/Autodiscover.xml' cannot be activated due to an exception during compilation. The exception message is: This collection already contains an address with scheme http. There can be at most one address per scheme in this collection.

Action(s) Performed:
Total Action(s): 2
Action # Recorded Date Type Hit(s) User Expand Details
10163 10/22/2010 6:43:35 PM Server 2618 contact@danieljchu.com Error Log Entry '/EWS/Exchange.asmx': WebHost failed to process a request.  More ...
10162 10/22/2010 6:38:47 PM Server 3427 contact@danieljchu.com Error Log Entry '/Autodiscover/Autodiscover.xml': WebHost failed to proces  Collapse ...
Last Hit: Sunday, November 19, 2017 10:38:28 PM

Error Log Entry '/Autodiscover/Autodiscover.xml':
WebHost failed to process a request.
 Sender Information: System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostingEnvironment+HostingManager/32001227
 Exception: System.ServiceModel.ServiceActivationException: The service '/Autodiscover/Autodiscover.xml' cannot be activated due to an exception during compilation.  The exception message is: This collection already contains an address with scheme http.  There can be at most one address per scheme in this collection.
Parameter name: item. ---> System.ArgumentException: This collection already contains an address with scheme http.  There can be at most one address per scheme in this collection.
Parameter name: item
   at System.ServiceModel.UriSchemeKeyedCollection.InsertItem(Int32 index, Uri item)
   at System.Collections.Generic.SynchronizedCollection`1.Add(T item)
   at System.ServiceModel.UriSchemeKeyedCollection..ctor(Uri[] addresses)
   at System.ServiceModel.ServiceHost..ctor(Type serviceType, Uri[] baseAddresses)
   at System.ServiceModel.Activation.ServiceHostFactory.CreateServiceHost(Type serviceType, Uri[] baseAddresses)
   at System.ServiceModel.Activation.ServiceHostFactory.CreateServiceHost(String constructorString, Uri[] baseAddresses)
   at System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostingEnvironment.HostingManager.CreateService(String normalizedVirtualPath)
   at System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostingEnvironment.HostingManager.ActivateService(String normalizedVirtualPath)
   at System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostingEnvironment.HostingManager.EnsureServiceAvailable(String normalizedVirtualPath)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostingEnvironment.HostingManager.EnsureServiceAvailable(String normalizedVirtualPath)
   at System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostingEnvironment.EnsureServiceAvailableFast(String relativeVirtualPath)
 Process Name: w3wp
 Process ID: 13440

Resolution:
In the end, after a great number of forums, the answer was simply I had bindings in my Default Web Site configuration. Apparently, no longer supported with SP1, I simply removed all extra bindings which in the end were duplicates anyways since any unanswered request would be answered by the Default Web Site; therefore, the extra host headers were also unneeded. As soon as I removed these and performed an iisreset - viola - Apple Mail clients, iCal and OWA began to respond immediately once again.



Profile IMG: Footer Left Profile IMG: Footer Right